Safety First

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

In The Mailbag

Andy Perkins <****@hotmail.co.uk> Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 6:18 PM
To: savemullinsbay@gmail.com
SENDER **** @ HOTMAIL.COM.UK

Let me take you back 30 years to a place i remeamber in my dreams. a chattel myself and friends rented from a mr milton rollock. It stood on the waters edge there on mullins beach\roadview the sandridge not 100mets up the beach. palm trees standing tall and proud may by 100 years old who knows .kings not even on a drawing board just a long walk on a beach and more trees. we made good friends and spent long and good nights in brendas bar. so good that the next year we returned again to roadview to spend a long winter in the sun in a lost paradise. 29 years pasted before my return. The sandridge my place to stay beach front room so i again could here the sea look across the beach . the people remained the same smiling and friendley the bajans i remeamber and i found old friends happy days. I now have read your web page. palm trees are replaced by condos i saw this with my own eyes the rock walls in the bay. I could not remeamber them. If any thing is to return to how it was then they shoud be removed so at least some of coast line returns to its natural state . I wish you and your fellow bajans well stay strong and i hope you win your fight. regards perky ps i will follow your webpage with interest


Save MullinsBay Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 4:57 AM
To: Andy Perkins <****@hotmail.co.uk>

Hi Andy,

Thanks for taking the time to write to share your support for the cause of saving the beach in Road View/Mullins. I remember the Rollocks very well as Milton's wife, Mildred, was my piano teacher. I also remember the chattel house next to theirs that you and your friends may have stayed in. One of the three groynes which we are complaining about now project from approximately in front of where that chattel house was located on the very same beach you fell in love with 30 years ago. The groynes have not only disected this once lovely beach but have now also ravaged the ones further south. We are trying to reverse this damage. Although, Road View will probably never be the same as you and I knew it 30 years ago in terms of its simplicity and charm, at least we are trying to restore and preserve the beaches for the enjoyment of future generations of locals and visitors. I hope you don't mind me sharing your email with others to help solicit support for the cause.



Save Mullins Bay
savemullinsbay@gmail.com
http://twitter.com/savemullinsbay

http://youtube.com/savemullinsbay
Save Mullins Bay Chatroom

.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment